IFM-SEI Presidium is looking for IFM-SEI organisations with the enthusiasm, capacity and ability to host an IFM-SEI Presidium meeting or International Committee meeting in 2018. In 2017, Independence Youth Forum (IYF) hosted a Presidium meeting in Beit-Jala, Palestine, and Framfylkingen will host the second Presidium meeting on the island of Utøya, Norway. We extend our thanks to Framfylkingen for generously financing the meeting at Utøya. The International Committee meeting 2017 was hosted by the Slovenian Falcons in Portorož, Slovenia. We are looking for other organisations to extend their hospitality to host any of the three meetings in 2018.
What is a Presidium meeting?
The IFM-SEI Presidium is the decision-making board of IFM-SEI made up of 12 members – ten regional representatives, the President and Secretary General – plus the Chair of the IFM-SEI Control Commission. The Presidium meets face-to-face twice a year. Presidium meetings usually take place over two full days. The maximum budget should be within 6,000€ including all travel costs.
What is an International Committee meeting?
International Committee meetings are the second highest decision-making body of IFM-SEI, after the Congress, and they take place once a year in the years that the Congress does not take place (the Congress takes place every three years). The International Committee brings together members from all IFM-SEI member organisations and each member organisation is entitled to one delegate. Participation usually is made up of 30-60 people, plus the guests from the hosting organisation/country. International Committee meetings usually take place over two full days. The maximum budget should be 7,000€ excluding international travel costs (dependent on size of the meeting). Please note the International Committee meeting 2018 should be hosted outside of Europe.
- Presidium meeting in February-April 2018
- International Committee in spring/summer 2018
- Presidium meeting in autumn 2018
Role of the hosting organisation:
- Arrange the booking of accommodation for the duration of the meeting (usually three nights)
- Organise meals and refreshments for the duration of the meeting
- Arrange the booking of a suitable venue (including breakout spaces if necessary)
- Coordinate local transport for participants or provide instructions for participants to make their own way to the accommodation/meeting venue(s)
- Support the visa application process, if applicable
- Provide necessary materials and technical equipment (e.g. stationary, mains electricity, flipchart stand, projector)
- Collate information needed for technical details
- Support cultural or social elements of the programme, if relevant
- Be in regular communication with the IFM-SEI Secretariat and adhere to agreed deadlines
- Ensure that all costs are within the agreed allocated budget and provide invoices/receipts for all services
If you are interested in hosting a Presidium meeting or International Committee meeting and your organisation has the capacity to do so, please send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the following:
- Whether you would like to host a Presidium meeting or an International Committee meeting
- Your suggestion of location and dates/timings
- An estimated budget for:
- Accommodation for 3 nights per person
- Food and refreshments for 3 nights per person
- Meeting room hire for 2 full days
- Local transport between the international airport and hotel/meeting venue per person
- Your relation with the ministry/body dealing with visa processes in your country (if applicable)
- Your motivation to host a meeting
If you are able to suggest or offer co-financing for the meeting, we would ask for you to please outline this in your application.
If you already expressed interest last year in hosting a meeting in 2018, your expression of interest will automatically be considered, however you are more than welcome to send an updated proposal if you wish.
If you have any questions please contact Carly on email@example.com. Deadline for expressions of interest: Tuesday 22 August 2017 (for consideration at the Presidium meeting on 30-31 August).