We are thrilled to announce that we are recruiting a new Project Officer to join the IFM-SEI Secretariat in March 2017. You can find the full details below. We look forward to receiving your application!
Contract: one-year fixed-term with possibility for extension (commencing March 2017)
Deadline to apply: Sunday 8 January 2017, 23:59 (CET)
Interview date: Monday 23 January 2017
The International Falcon Movement – Socialist Educational International (IFM-SEI) is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person to join the IFM-SEI team to join our Secretariat for one year, with a possibility for extension. As the Project Officer of IFM-SEI you will undertake project management for a wide range of IFM-SEI global projects on topics such as migration and refugees, the prevention of sexual violence, developing a Pool of Trainers and tackling right-wing extremism. You can read the full IFM-SEI strategic work plan 2016-19 by following this link.
IFM-SEI is an educational movement working to empower children and young people to take an active role in society and fight for their rights. We are an umbrella organisation for child and youth-led movements all over the world, educating on the basis of our values of equality, democracy, peace, cooperation and anti-capitalism. For more detailed information see www.ifm-sei.org.
- Manage the day-to-day planning, implementation and evaluation of projects towards set project objectives, including educational seminars, training courses, statutory meetings and other initiatives
- Coordinate logistical arrangements of projects and administrational tasks
- Oversee project budgets and perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Manage volunteers in member and partner organisations and assist them in the delivery of projects
- Maintain regular communication with member organisations and volunteers
- Provide regular updates to the Secretary General and Presidium of IFM-SEI
- Assist the IFM-SEI Secretary General in the management of European grants
- Contribute to the daily running of the secretariat, such as answering emails and telephone calls
- Coordinate international campaigns and the production of educational resources and materials
- Manage the IFM-SEI website and social media channels
- Demonstrated commitment to the aims and principles of IFM-SEI
- Experience of managing international projects
- Experience of running educational activities (including training and facilitating)
- Understanding of non-formal education principles and methodologies
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of grant application and report writing
- Experience of basic budget management
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrate strong IT and communication skills
- Experience of using Content Management Systems and WordPress
- Experience of social media management
- Ability to work as part of an international team
- Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility
- Working knowledge of IFM-SEI
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of managing Erasmus+ and European Youth Foundation projects
- Knowledge and experience of international youth organisations
- Knowledge and experience of children’s rights and children’s rights advocacy platforms
- Knowledge and experience of United Nations structures, including the Major Group on Children and Youth and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organisations
The contract is 30 hours per week (four working days) and will be based in the IFM-SEI office in Brussels, Belgium. Some weekend and evening work will be required and days off will be offered as compensation – no financial compensation will be offered for extra hours worked.
- Fixed-term contract for 12 months, starting 1 March 2017
- 1400€ gross monthly salary
- Meal vouchers (approximately 100€ per month)
Please send us the attached application form (no CV or motivation letter) by email to Carly Walker-Dawson, IFM-SEI Secretary General, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply – Sunday 8 January 2017, 23:59 (CET).
Please note: applicants must already have the right to work in the EU. Applicants will be shortlisted according to how well they meet the criteria in the person specification.
Interviews will be held on Monday 23 January 2017 in Brussels. Please be sure you can attend an interview on this date. If you have any questions, contact Carly at email@example.com or +32 499 201 951.