IFM-SEI Presidium is looking for IFM-SEI organisations with the enthusiasm, capacity and ability to host an IFM-SEI Presidium meeting or International Committee meeting in the current mandate during the years of 2017-19.
What is a Presidium meeting?
The IFM-SEI Presidium is the decision-making board of IFM-SEI made up of 12 members – ten regional representatives, the President and Secretary General – plus the Chair of the IFM-SEI Control Commission. The Presidium meets face-to-face twice a year. Presidium meetings usually take place over two full days.
What is an International Committee meeting?
International Committee meetings are the second highest decision-making body of IFM-SEI, after the Congress, and they take place once a year in the years that the Congress does not take place (the Congress takes place every three years). The International Committee brings together members from all IFM-SEI member organisations and each member organisation is entitled to one delegate. Participation usually is made up of 30-60 people, plus the guests from the hosting organisation/country. International Committee meetings usually take place over two full days.
- Presidium meeting in March/April 2017
- International Committee in spring/summer 2017
- Presidium meeting in autumn 2017
- Presidium meeting in spring/summer 2018
- International Committee in spring/summer 2018
- Presidium meeting in autumn 2018
- Presidium meeting in spring/summer 2019
Role of the hosting organisation:
- Arrange the booking of accommodation for the duration of the meeting (usually three nights)
- Organise meals and refreshments for the duration of the meeting
- Arrange the booking of a suitable venue (including breakout spaces if necessary)
- Coordinate local transport for participants or provide instructions for participants to make their own way to the accommodation/meeting venue(s)
- Support the visa application process, if applicable
- Provide necessary materials and technical equipment (e.g. stationary, mains electricity, flipchart stand, projector)
- Collate information needed for technical details
- Support cultural or social elements of the programme, if relevant
- Be in regular communication with the IFM-SEI Secretariat and adhere to agreed deadlines
- Set budget in cooperation with the IFM-SEI Secretariat
- Ensure that all costs are within the agreed allocated budget and provide invoices/receipts for all services
If you are interested in hosting a Presidium meeting or International Committee meeting and your organisation has the capacity to do so, please send a letter to email@example.com outlining the following:
- Whether you would like to host a Presidium meeting or an International Committee meeting
- Your suggestion of location and dates/timings
- An estimated budget for:
- Accommodation for 3 nights per person
- Food and refreshments for 3 nights per person
- Meeting room hire for 2 full days
- Local transport between the international airport and hotel/meeting venue per person
- Overview table of estimated travel costs and visa costs for participants from different participating member organisations
- Your relation with the ministry/body dealing with visa processes in your country (if applicable)
- Your motivation to host a meeting
If you have any questions please contact Carly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for expressions of interest: Monday 21 November.